The natural beauty of the Yorkshire Dales is a haven for the young, old, and families to explore the great outdoors.
Cottage in the Dales are delighted to be awarded the specialist VisitBritain Welcome Schemes accreditation - 'Walkers Welcome',
Cottage in the Dales provides the following at each cottage to meet the needs of all walkers, irrespective of whether you just like a gentle stroll around the village, a good walk of a few miles to build up an appetite, or striding out in all weathers up Great Whernside
- Boot scrapers near the main cottage door
- Outside tap, hosepipe, bucket, soap and sponge to clean walking boots and outdoor clothing
- Drying areas with hanging facilities for clothes
- Washer/dryer in kitchen
- Storage and drying area for footwear
- First Aid Kit
- A very extensive choice of walking books for Wensleydale and adjoining Dales for all types of walkers eg walking with children, from pub to pub!, strolls around West Burton, the Dales Way
- Full set of Ordnance Survey maps for the Dales
- Lightweight plastic picnic set, cool bag, thermos flask, large umbrellas
- Information on outdoor equipment shops, recommended local pubs and restaurants
- Local services contactable via telephone - weather, outdoor equipment, mountain rescue services, bus routes and timetables
- Countryside Code details
- Tourist attractions, restaurants, general local services information.